Shaheed Bhai Amarjit Singh Sukhna Ablu


Sarmaaya Kaum Da Asal Shaheed Hunday

Jaana Kaum De Lai Jo Vaarday Ne

Tayl Pa Ke Apne Lahu Da

Shama Azaadi Da Jo Baalday Ne


On 29th April 1986 when at Sri Akaal Takht Sahib the Declaration of Khalistan was announced in front of thousands of Sikhs who had left their homes and families to enter the battlefield for a free and independent Sikh homeland. In the Sikh Freedom Movement many Singhs and Singhnia did big actions and became shaheed fighting the Indian security forces, by doing this these Sikh warriors kept alive the Khalsa tradition of martyrdom and bravery. The Khalsa panth had clearly stated to the Indian government that the Sikhs will never bow to the oppressors, the Sikhs have never been scared and have never scared anyone else. The Khalsa of Guru Gobind Singh Ji will always flow like a stream internally.

In the Sikh Freedom Movement for Khalistan, as well as Sikhs taking part in the armed struggle there were Sikh youth that were doing their part of the sewa in a peaceful manner by staying at home with their families, but even these peaceful Sikhs were harassed by the Punjab police and at times killed in fake encounters. Bhai Amarjit Singh Sukha Ablu had a similar jeevan to this. Bhai Sahib may not have fought the armed struggle, but after his arrest Bhai Sahib was inhumanely tortured and after killed in a fake encounter.

Bhai Amarjit Singh Sukhna Ablu was born in the year of 1956, in a village near Mukhatsar Sahib, Sukhna Ablu, in the house of Sardar Inder Singh and from the womb of Mata Balvir Kaur. After passing his metric, Bhai Sahib joined the Indian army. In 1976 Bhai Sahib got married and had a daughter, Bibi Kirandeep Kaur and a son, Bhai Gagandeep Singh. After leaving the army, Bhai Sahib started up a pharmacy business in the village of Dhodhe, while in the army Bhai Sahib was also given the duty of medicine. Bhai Sahib had been given the RMP certificate by the army, for this reason after leaving the army Bhai Sahib got into the Pharmacy business.

This was the time when Sri Akaal Takht Sahib had declared the Sikh Free Homeland, Khalistan and the armed struggle was at its peak. Every Sikh with an honest mind set was involved in the Sikh Freedom Movement one way or another, as they saw helping the Jhujaru Singhs as a religious duty.

Bhai Sahib may not have been fighting in the armed struggle, but he felt it was his duty to help the Jhujaru Singhs who were part of the armed struggle. Bhai Sahib always remained ready to help the Jhujaru Singhs. During this time Bhai Sahib took Amrit from the Panj Pyare at Chownk Mehta, the Dam Dami Taksal headquarters. The Jhujaru Singhs would regularly come to Bhai Sahib’s pharmacy to get medicine or medi-kits. Like this Bhai Sahib started to establish a close and trustworthy contact with the Jhujaru Singhs by doing their sewa as they did the sea of the panth. As well as giving Jhujaru Singhs medicine, food and drink, Bhai Sahib also hired lawyers for the Jhujaru Singhs in jails and at times paid their bails.

As well as hiving people like Bhai Sahib helping the Jhujaru Singhs, who had no greed and didn’t want anything in return for the sewa, there were also such people that helped the Jhujaru Singhs for their own gains. These people were the ones who started turning their backs on Jhujaru Singhs and causing them damage, when the Sikh Freedom Movement was becoming weak. These people did not just turn their backs on Jhujaru Singhs but instead they teamed up with the enemy to have the Jhujaru Singhs eliminated for rewards.

In December 1991, singhs of Babbar Khalsa Bhai Malkeet Singh Dansingh Wala and Bhai Surjan Singh Sukhna went to Rajasthan to get weapons. The Indian security forces had planted black cats into Babbar Khalsa and this information of the transaction of weapons was passed on to the Rajasthan police. Where this transaction was going to take place, the police had already laid traps to capture these singhs. As soon as the singhs reached the location, the police closed in on the singhs and arrested both the singhs. At that time another singh of the Babbar Khalsa was with them, but when the police closed in he moved away and managed to avoid being arrested. This third singh had come back to Punjab and told the Babbar Khalsa chiefs that the two singhs had been arrested in Rajasthan.

Bhai Sahib was given the sewa of arranging a lawyer for the two singhs and fighting their cases by the Babbar Khalsa. In December 1991, when Bhai Sahib went to Rajasthan to arrange a lawyer for these singhs, the police also arrested Bhai Sahib. As well as getting Jhujaru Singhs arrested and killed, the black cats also informed the police about people that helped Jhujaru Singhs such as Bhai Sahib. The police wanted to also eliminate the helping hands of the Jhujaru Singhs like Bhai Sahib, so that the Jhujaru Singhs would have nowhere to turn. The Indian security forces were now just waiting for the right moment to kill Bhai Sahib and that moment came when Bhai Sahib came to Rajasthan to help the singhs. First Bhai Sahib was tortured at the Rai Singh Nagar Jail and after Bhai Sahib was sent to Ganga Nagar Jail.

From Ganga Nagar jail Bhai Sahib and the two singhs were bought to Punjab on a protection warrant by the Kot Bhai police. This information was given to Bhai Sahib’s family by the lawyer who was fighting the case for all 3 singhs. At the Kot Bhai police station all 3 singhs were mercilessly tortured, but no one gave information on Babbar Khalsa to the police. In the end on the eve of the New Year’s, 31st December 1991 all three singhs were killed in a fake encounter. When the Punjab police cannot win over the brave singhs with torture, they tend to eliminate them, but little do they know by killing these Jhujaru Singhs they only give birth to more Jhujaru Singhs.

Sikhi Sidak Nibhaun De Lai

Kai Imthiaan Dene Painday Ne

Lachay Sidak Wale Hava De Bulay

Aun Te Hi Kakha Wangu Udh Jaanday

Par Jinha Da Sikhi Sidak Paka Hunda

Onha Nal Takraun Wale Toofan Vi Mooh Morh Lainde Ne


Khalsa Fatehnama – July 2013