Shaheed Bhai Partap Singh Sadarwala

Khalistan Commando Force

Jujh Maran Da Jina Andar Cha Hunda, Kisse De Rokaya Kaday Nahi Rokday

Sukh Araam Ghara De Shad Ke, Madaanay Jang Vich Oh Shera Wang Bukday


Towards the end of 20th century, the world witnessed the Khalistani armed struggle. The Jhujaru Singhs who did sewa with their lives are extremely blessed. What we write in their biographies is nothing compared to their whole lives, in fact these biographies are a few memories of the Jhujaru singhs and singhnia put together so that the world can know of these warriors.

The village of Sadarwala, in the Mukhatsar district has given birth to many Sikh warriors who have attained shaheedi in the Sikh Freedom Movement. Amongst the martyrs of this village is Bhai Partap Singh. Before the 1947 partition between India and Pakistan, the family of Bhai Sahib lived in the village of Nawa Kahna, Lahore (now Pakistan). After the partition the family came to Mukhatsar and it is here in the village of Sadarwala that Bhai Sahib was born from the womb of Mata Gurbachan Singh and to father, Sardar Naranjan Singh Sandhu.

In 1988, when Bhai Sahib was in his late teen-age he started going to Chownk Mehta and it was here Bhai Sahib came in contact with the Jhujaru Singhs. The family were briefly informed by a relative about Bhai Sahib possibly being involved with the Jhujaru Singhs. When the family came to Chownk Mehta, Bhai Sahib told them that he had made his mind up on joining the Sikh Freedom Movement and attaining shaheedi or Khalistan. The family tried to talk Bhai Sahib out of his decision but he had made it clear that Sikh Freedom Movement is the only path for him and the only time he’ll return is when Khalistan is established. Even when the family spoke of Bhai Sahib’s wedding he said, “Think as if I am married, only thing left is to take Laavan.” In the end when the family got nothing from Bhai Sahib, they said, “Now that you have chosen your path, then we will not stop you. In some months time, it’s your sister’s wedding. Please stay at home until then, after the wedding you can leave if you wish.” Fellow singhs told Bhai Sahib to stay at home until then and continue to do sewa from home. On this request Bhai Sahib returned home but even then he stayed out with singhs regularly. Some days at home and some days with singhs, this is how months passed. In March 1989, on the day of his sister’s wedding, Bhai Sahib came home with Jhujaru Singh and said his final Fateh to the family and left.

Bhai Sahib joined Khalistan Commando Force and soon his name was printed on newspapers for being responsible for many actions. Most of the actions Bhai Sahib did were in the Ferozpur-Zira area and he had control of this area. In the village of Kabarwala, near Malot Bhai Sahib and fellow singhs did a train action which was praised by public and Jhujaru Singhs. Singhs had taken positions all around the train station, soon as the train stopped at the station the Jhujaru Singhs began their action. Indian security forces were scared once again of the Jhujaru Singh. In the one and a half year of Jhujaru life, Bhai Sahib was named responsible for many actions.

Along with Bhai Sahib other singhs were in this group of Khalistan Commando Force such Bhai Sukhwinder Singh Pappu Gora, Bhai Jarnail Singh Hoshiarpur, Bhai Jaspal Singh, Bhai Jaswinder Singh Joga Bishnandi, Bhai Sarabjit Singh Uppal, Bhai Jaspal Singh Jassa Santuwala, Bhai Gurdeep Singh, Bhai Pritpal Singh Bishnandi and Bhai Resham Singh Rata Khera. This small group of Jhujaru Singhs had the Indian security forces running for cover regularly.

On the night of 13th August 1990, Bhai Sahib and Bhai Resham Singh Rata Khera were in the Behlewala village in the Ferozpur area. These two singhs were involved in a fierce encounter with the Indian security forces at a nearby drainage bridge. If the singhs were surrounded due to an informant or just a coincidence, we still do not know. In this lengthy battle both singhs attained shaheedi and wrote their names in gold in the never ending list of Sikh martyrs. The locals of the area confirmed that many police officers were also killed in this encounter and that this encounter lasted very long.

Khalsa Fatehnama – May 2014