Shaheed Bhai Kuldeep Singh Billa

All India Sikh Student Federation/ Khalistan Commando Force


The Sikh nation that has given many lives for the freedom of India, have been killed in thousands by the Indian government after its freedom. The government of India crossed the line of tolerance, when the Indian army attacked Sri Harimandir Sahib with tanks and cannons. From June 1984, the Indian government destroyed Sri Darbar Sahib, Sri Akaal Takht Sahib and 38 other surrounding historical Gurudwaras. Thousands of innocent Sikhs were mercilessly slaughtered by the bullets of Indian officials and also by the Indian cruel methods of torture. Then in November 1984, Delhi and many more cities held an organized massacre of Sikh families, in this massacre the Sikh women were raped and the Sikh men were made to watch and after killed by having a burning tyre put around their necks. This major injustice woke the Sikh nation up and started taking justice for the killings of innocent Sikhs. Many Sikh warriors jumped into the battlefield to punish such people responsible for the massacres, as the Indian government had once again failed to deliver justice to Sikhs. The Sikhs happily punished the anti-Sikh elements and also happily gave their lives if need be. Amongst these Sikh warriors was Bhai Kuldeep Singh Ghalli of village Ghal Khurd.

Attaining shahadat at a very young age for the freedom of the Sikh nation, Bhai Kuldeep Singh Ghalli was born on 2nd April 1970 in the house of Sardar Harchand Singh and from the womb of Mata Jagir Kaur in the village of Ghal Khurd, district Ferozpur. Bhai Sahib did his primary education at a local school of his village and after passing 8th class, Bhai Sahib went to the village of his grandparents, Lahora, district Moga to study further. Bhai Sahib had taken amrit from the Panj Pyare at a young age and became a singh.

Bhai Sahib agreed with the views of Sant Jarnail Singh Ji Bhindranwale and for this reason Bhai Sahib joined the Sikh struggle with Sant Jarnail Singh Ji Bhindranwale. When the Indian government attacked Sri Harimandir Sahib, Bhai Sahib was ripped apart. As a school student Bhai Sahib joined the All India Sikh Student Federation and came in contact with Bhai Mukhtiar Singh Patli and Bhai Jaspal Singh Jassa. From here, Bhai Sahib’s life of Sikh struggle started.

Bhai Sahib started doing panthic actions through All India Sikh Student Federation, while remaining undercover and met many Khadku Singhs. Bhai Sahib soon met the president of All India Sikh Student Federation, from his area, Bhai Jagjit Singh Lalay and soon because of Bhai Sahib’s love for Sikhi and his intelligence, Bhai Sahib was chosen as the General Secretary of All India Sikh Student Federation Ferozpur. During Operation Black Thunder, Bhai Sahib was arrested and from then on, the police started raiding the family house regularly to find Bhai Sahib, but Bhai Sahib had made his mind up, that instead of being harassed every day, jumping into the battlefield and fighting for freedom is much better. Bhai Sahib along with his group started punishing the traitors of the Sikh nation.

One day the police arrested Bhai Sahib and his older brother Bhai Keval Singh. For 15 days both brothers were kept at the CIA Headquarters of Ferozpur and were brutally tortured. The police wanted information of other Khadku Singhs but Bhai Sahib and his brother did not give any information to the police. The police charged the 2 brothers with many fake cases and sent them to Faridkot jail. As Bhai Sahib was always in chardikala outside jail and with the blessings of Waheguru, he also remained in chardikala inside jail. A police officer in jail was given the permission to harass Sikhs in jail and talk against the Sikh Freedom Movement. Bhai Sahib and Bhai Harjinder Singh alias Chota Jinda killed this police officer as he was harassing the Sikhs in many cruel ways. After this both singhs were sent to Ferozpur jail.

In Ferozpur jail, for 2 years Bhai Sahib passed time by reciting Gurbani and discussing the Sikh Freedom Movemnt with fellow Sikh soldiers of the struggle, who were also in the same jail. After being released from jail, Bhai Sahib met up with, Baba Johal Singh Moga, Bhai Gurtej Singh, Bhai Dayal Singh Chandpurana and restarted doing sewa in the Sikh Freedom Movement. Later Bhai Sahib, Bhai Amrik Singh Lalli and Bhai Niranjan Singh Sulhani were doing some of the top panthic actions together. Bhai Sahib joined the Khalistan Commando Force under the command of General Bhai Gurjant Singh Rajasthani and did actions with Bhai Kulwant Singh Khela Arifke, together they installed fear into the hearts of the Indian security forces. Bhai Sahib was later given the command of his area, which he fulfilled fully till his dying breath. Bhai Sahib and his group had finished off the looters and informant in their area.

At the end 13th July 1989, Bhai Sahib was travelling with Bhai Kamaljit Singh Pandori on a scooter but at the same time the informants and the police were behind following the 2 singhs. Further up Bhai Sahib’s scooter had broken down, the singhs only had pistols, but a big number of police officers was onto the singhs. The police now had surrounded the singhs, soon as the singhs realised, Bhai Sahib made the decision of starting an encounter till they die. The encounter started, soon the ammunition of the singhs had almost finished, Bhai Kamaljit Singh Pandori said, “I have only one bullet left brother, I don’t want to get caught by the police alive. Waheguru ji ka Khalsa, Waheguru ji ki Fateh my dear brother.” Bhai Kamaljit Singh Pandori turned the pistol to his head and pulled the trigger to attain shaheedi. Bhai Sahib started to think, “My bullets have finished, if I come into the hands of the police, they will torture me and maybe get information from me on other singhs. Also brother Kamaljit Singh Pandori is getting further and further away as I delay my shaheedi, I’m sure he hasn’t got far yet. I can catch up to him if I attain shaheedi now, but where can I get bullet from?” Bhai Sahib looked around and saw an electrical water tubal nearby and thought, “Waheguru, you are great. The police are all happy that they will catch me alive and looking forward to getting information out of me.” As the police approached Bhai Sahib, he grabbed the 2 electrical wires and electrocuted himself. When the police saw Bhai Sahib being electrocuted they ran for their lives, so they don’t get electrocuted. Like this both singhs attained shaheedi together and went straight into the loving laps of our eternal father, Guru Gobind Singh Ji.

A salana barsi is held on 13th June of every year, in memory of Bhai Kuldeep Singh Ghalli and Bhai Kamaljit Singh Pandori at his village which is till today name after him, Ghalli Wala Khurd.

Shaheedo Ki Chittaaon Pe Lagay Gai Har Baras Mele

Vatan Pe Mitne Walo Ki Yahi Baki Neeshaan Hoga


Sardool Singh Sekhon – Germany