Shaheed Bhai Sukhvir Singh Khalsa

Sikh Student Federation

Shaam Pai Shamaan Roshan Hoyian

Saran Chalay Parwanay

Shamaan Nu Kushyian Cha Patangay

Jina Atish Nal Yarranay

Mot Ton Paray Mukaam Jina De

Onha Ki Laina Jag Jee Ke

Aahiq Jind Qurban Karan Lai

Labday Phiran Bahanay


To break the chains of slavery from the wrists of the Sikh nation, many warriors hugged martyrdom smilingly. Amongst such warriors is the name of, Shaheed Bhai Sukhvir Singh Khalsa, who was born on the land of Babbars. Bhai Sahib dedicated his mind body and soul to the Sikh Freedom Movement. Bhai Sukhvir Singh Khalsa was born in the house of Sardar Tara Singh and from the womb of Mata Swarn Kaur in 1954 in village Sujjon, district Nawashaher.

From his teen age, Bhai Sahib had a healthy body, fair colour and the height of almost 6 feet. Bhai Sahib’s grandmother, Mata Karam Kaur made her grandson the Sikh warrior he was. Mata Karam Kaur is still alive today and is 108 years old. From childhood Bhai Sahib listened and paid attention to bedtime stories based on Sikh history and its warriors, that his grandmother told him. Listening to the Sikh history, made Bhai Sahib guard and continue the Sikh warrior heritage. From the start Bhai Sahib was against the lies and unfair treatment of human beings.

Bhai Sahib studied at the local school of Sujjon up until 5th class and then studied at school of Mahal Ghela up until 10th class. Bhai Sahib was a great player of hockey. Bhai Sahib had two sisters Bibi Narinder Kaur and Bibi Kamaljit Kaur, who the Northern Railways of Delhi. Sardar Tara Singh also worked in the railway industries.

In 1978, the Narakhdharis fired bullets at the Sikhs who peacefully protested against the beadbi of Guru Granth Sahib Ji, which killed 13 singhs and wounded more than 150 Sikhs. A question arose in the heart of Bhai Sahib, can’t Sikhs even protest peacefully? The massacre of 1978 changed Bhai Sahib and he left the government job. Bhai Sahib now decided to dedicate his life to getting justice for the spilt blood of innocent Sikhs and Khalistan. Bhai Sahib gathered many Sikhs and went outside house of parliament and demanded that the CBI takes in charge of the Narakhdhari case and quickly serves justice to the Sikhs for the killings of innocent peaceful protesters. But the government instead of serving justice they used batons on Sikhs and arrested them. This was Bhai Sahib’s first arrest within the Sikh Freedom Movement. Bhai Sahib was locked in Tihar jail for one month.

After being released, Bhai Sahib created Bhai Fauja Singh Dal and he was elected as the President of this Dal. After seeing the bravery and calmness of Bhai Sahib, Sant Jarnail Singh Ji Bhindranwale called Bhai Sahib to meet him. After a lengthy discussion with Sant Jarnail Singh Ji Bhindranwale, Bhai Amrik Singh and Bhai Harmandar Singh Sandhu, it was decided that Bhai Sahib should be given the presidency of Sikh Student Federation Delhi and when the Dharam Yudh Morcha started Bhai Sahib was made the convener of Akali Dal Youth wing. Bhai Sahib was jailed for one year for taking part in the Dharam Yudh Morcha. Then once in 1980, a gurudwara in Delhi came under the control of a Sikh traitor who was destroying the Sikh maryada in the gurudwara to please Rajiv Gandhi. Singhs found out about this beadbi taking place at the gurudwara which was slowly falling into the wrong hands of congress. Bhai Sahib stopped Rajiv Gandhi from giving a speech at the gurudwara and started a struggle to free the gurudwara from the hands of traitors. The Delhi police used tear gas and batons to arrest singhs. Bhai Sahib was kept in police remand and after being blindly tortured and charged with many fake cases, Bhai Sahib was sent to jail. Even these jails and the evil torture of the Indian police could not change Bhai Sahib. At time Mata Swarn Kaur use to say to her son, “Son, come home and do your meditations. We can’t take you being tortured by these evil men.” Bhai Sahib would reply, “Mother, don’t lose courage, read the history of shaheeds and the young Sahibzade. The Sahibzade were only 7 and 9 years old, they didn’t lose courage. My age is 30-31, this evil government can harass us, torture us and put us in jail but they can’t kill our thoughts of freedom.”

In 1982 an army was made that would defend the Sikh panth with their lives. On 10th October 1982 Bhai Sahib got the Imam of Jama Masjid, Abdula Bakhari to meet Sant Harchand Singh Longowal, who was the dictator of Dharam Yudh Morcha. On 11th October 1982, Sikhs were to peacefull protest in the capital city of India, Delhi in front of the house of parliament. But before Sikhs could get to the house of parliament, the Delhi police attacked the unarmed Sikhs at Sri Rakab Ganj Gurudwara, with batons and shields. Here the Delhi police killed Sant Jang Singh and three other sewadars of Gurudwara. Bhai Sahib and his younger brother, Bhai Ravinder Singh were wounded and later admitted in the Ram Manohar Hospital of Delhi by the police. Bhai Ravinder Singh also was a great hockey player and worked in the railway industry and had to leave the job as the police was continuously harassing Bhai Sahib’s livelihood. Bhai Ravinder Singh had been accepted into the physical college of Patiala but the Delhi police sent him to prison and wrecked his entire career up. In the army made to defend Sri Akaal Takht and the Sikh panth, Bhai Sahib filled an application form and took the oaths to serve and protect the Sikh panth till the day he dies and to be a part of the Sikh struggle started with Sant Jarnail Singh Ji Bhindranwale.

In 1983, when Bhai Amrik Singh was arrested, Bhai Sahib held a conference in Delhi from which the police arrested him from Sri Bangla Sahib and put Bhai Sahib in Tihar jail. Then on 20th September 1983, Sant Jarnail Singh Ji Bhindranwale was arrested and Bhai Sahib held a protest outside the house of the home minister in Delhi. The police once again arrested Bhai Sahib and put him in Tihar jail and after 20-25 days Bhai Sahib was released. After being released Bhai Sahib started holding conferences in memory of Sikh martyrs of 20th century. The police did not like this and after arresting Bhai Sahib, he was charged with hate speeches and locked him up in Tihar jail. From 1983 to 1984 Bhai Sahib was kept in Tihar jail under the National Security Act (NSA). During his time in Tihar jail, the Indian army had attacked Sri Harimandir Sahib and killed thousands of innocent Sikhs, Indira Gandhi was killed by Bhai Beant Singh and Bhai Satwant Singh. At the time of when Sikhs were killed in the thousands in major cities around India, Bhai Sahib was still in jail. Bhai Sahib had gone of hunger strike since he found out about the Sikh genocide. Bhai Sahib’s blood was boiling and the proof of Bhai Sahib being anxious to come out of jail is whenever he heard of the attack on Sikhs, Bhai Sahib would bang his head into the walls in frustration of breaking out of jail. Bhai Sahib was regularly doing Ardas to Waheguru to give him the strength to break out of jail and fight on the battlefield. The jailor found out of Bhai Sahib planning to get out of jail and started brutally torturing Bhai Sahib. The jailor broke both arms and legs of Bhai Sahib through inhuman torture and told Bhai Sahib to escape now.

Bhai Sahib’s mother, Mata Swarn Kaur made fresh food and went to the jail to feed her son with her own hands for 6 months, as Bhai Sahib was incapable of doing that himself. Bhai Sahib’s love for Waheguru never broke as he kept the words of Guru Arjan Dev Ji in his heart,

Gur Mere Sang Sada Hai Naale

Simar Simar Tis Sada Samale

Tera Kia Mitha Laage

Har Naam Padarath Nanak Mange


My Guru is always with me, near at hand

Meditating meditating in remembrance of him, I cherish him forever

Your actions seem so sweet to me

Nanak begs for the treasure of Naam, the name of lord

Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji ang 394


On Rakhri, both sisters went to jail to tie a Rakhri on the wrist of their brother. When the saw their brother in painful state, the sisters had tears in their eyes. They hid the Rakhris and didn’t let Bhai Sahib know that they had come for Rakhri. The sisters were so happy that they will see their brother, but when they went back home they were in tears. After coming home, Bhai Sahib’s sisters tied the Rakhri to the photo of Bhai Sahib.

In the start of 1985, Bhai Sahib was released from jail. On 25th February 1985 bombs exploded in Delhi, and the police arrested and jailed Bhai Sahib, Bhai Baljit Singh Rana, Bhai Jagdish Singh Nanda, Bhai Harminder Singh Soni, Bhai Manwinder Singh Uppal and Bhai Gurmeet Singh. These singhs were kept in jail for a year under the National Security Act. Bhai Sahib was kept in ward 13 of Tihar jail, ward 13 is where the inmates awaiting death sentence are kept. Bhai Sahib was kept in ward 13 along with Bhai Ranjit Singh who was in jail for killing the Narakhdhari cult leader, Gurbachana. The police were trying to kill these two singhs within jail, once the police were going to unleash poisonous snakes into the cells of singhs at night but Bhai Baljit Singh Rana found out about this cowardly act of the Indian government and exposed them. After some years Bhai Sahib was released. Bhai Sahib had now spent over 10 years in Indian jails.

Once Bhai Sahib went to see the president of Babbar Akali Dal in Amritsar’s Guru Amar Das hospital, but the police arrested Bhai Sahib here and Bhai Sahib was never seen again. Till today no one knows how and when Bhai Sahib attained shaheedi. The Delhi police tried to fool the Sikh nation by labelling Bhai Sahib wanted for many cases such as Lalit Makkan killing, Jagdish Tytler murder attempt, Gol Market Cinema and Palika Bazaar bombings. In 1993-94 the government of India told the police that Bhai Sahib is wanted for charges regarding possession of RDX explosives and gave the police orders to shoot Bhai Sahib on sight.

The proof of Bhai Sukhvir Singh Khalsa’s loyalty is when Tarlochan Singh of Sujjon village, who was the dog of Jagdish Tytler, Sajjan Kumar and HLK Bhagat, tried to bribe Bhai Sahib with 80 lakh rupees to turn against the movement and join the murders of the Sikh people. When Tarlochan Singh made this offer, Bhai Sahib took his shoes off and with them beat Tarlochan Singh up in front of Sujjon villagers. Bhai Sahib told Tarlochan Singh that Khalsa is priceless. The Sikh nation bows to the contribution of Bhai Sahib to the Sikh panth.

Jo Laray Deen Ke Het – Charanjit Singh Sujjon