Shaheed Bhai Paramjit Singh Pamma Bhilowal

Dusht Sodh Commando Force


Bhai Paramjit Singh Pamma was born on 1st April 1965 from the blessed womb of mother Mata Gurdev Kaur and father Sardar Gian Singh Bhogal, in the village of Bhilowal, district Hoshiarpur. Bhai Paramjit Singh Pamma was the eldest son with two younger brothers, Bhai Baljit Singh and Bhai Amarjit Singh. Bhai Paramjit Singh Pamma studied up to tenth grade at his local village school. Then went on to help his family in farming their land. The family was of a very religious background and followed the Sikh faith devotedly. Bhai Paramjit Singh Pamma was baptised and blessed with Amrit from a very young age.


He regularly attended the Harian Vela Patshahi 7 Gurdwara Sahib. It was here he came into contact with Bhai Jasvir Singh Lalli from the Sikh Jhujaru group, Dusht Sodh Commando Force. Around this time his family had already arranged for his marriage with Bibi Pritam Kaur Dhami from Southall, UK. Bhai Paramjit Singh Pamma’s visa application had been successful, with the visa documents arriving to his house four to five days after his martyrdom.


When Bhai Jasvir Singh Lalli had attained Shaheedi (martyrdom), it was decided by Bhai Paramjit Singh Pamma that he would take revenge on the perpetrators who killed Bhai Jasvir Singh Lalli. Not only did these perpetrators kill Bhai Jasvir Singh Lalli, they proceeded to distribute sweets to the locals in celebration. Bhai Paramjit Singh Pamma and his fellow Jhujaru Singhs did not take this lightly. Bhai Paramjit Singh Pamma along with Bhai Mahinderpal Singh Pally, Bhai Charanjit Singh Jeeta of Harian village and Bhai Satvir Singh Shinda took action to eliminate these perpetrators. The same night, the three Jhujaru Singhs came to the village of Badla, near Khanoor in Hoshiarpur to take rest at a nearby water pool in the open fields of the village.


The same night of 2nd November 1987, all 4 Jhujaru Singhs were heavily kitted up with armoury and stopped at water tubal in the outskirts of Badla village. This water tubal belonged to the local Sarpanch there by the name of Didar Singh, he portrayed himself to be a supporter of Akali Dal. Bhai Charanjit Singh Jeeta told the servant that was working at the farms to go to Didar Singh and prepare langar for the Singhs. But this Didar Singh mixed sleeping tablets into milk and sent it to the Jhujaru Singhs to consume. At the same time, Didar Singh informed the CRPF about these Jhujaru Singhs. Shortly after Bhai Paramjit Singh Pamma and his Jhujaru brothers started falling asleep after drinking the milk. The CRPF had surrounded the Singhs but was scared of closing in on these lions of Khalistan. First the Indian soldiers forced the servant to unarm the sleeping lions and then the CRPF pounced on the Singhs. They were taken to the police station and for many hours faced blind torture. The Singhs were burned with hot irons and tied to poles and beaten endlessly. Then the Singhs were stabbed with slim red hot iron rods and electrocuted until they fell unconscious.


In the end, the arms and legs were broken of the Jhujaru Singhs. This information was taken from the post-mortem of these Jhujaru Singhs. According to an eye witness, the sons of Dhan Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaj did not utter no other word but Waheguru during torture. In the end on 3rd November 1987, about 3:45am, the half dead bodies of the Bhai Paramjit Singh Pamma and Bhai Charanjit Singh Jeeta were taken to the village of Nainowal, near Khanoor, Hoshiarpur where they were tied to mango trees and made martyrs in fake encounter. The other two Jhujaru Singhs, Bhai Mahinderpal Singh Pally and Bhai Satvir Singh Shinda were taken to another location in Hoshiarpur and also made martyrs in false encounters.


Information given by the family of Shaheed Bhai Paramjit Singh Pamma Bhilowal