Shaheed Bhai Randhir Singh alias Bhai Vijaypal Singh

Sikh Student Federation

One of the great Sikh warriors Shaheed Bhai Randhir Singh alias Bhai Vijaypal Singh alias Tittoo, was born in the house of Sardar Mann Singh and from the womb of Mata Mahinder Kaur in the village of Mundha, near Govindwal in the year of 1966. Bhai Sahib studied up till 8th class at a local village school and up till 10th class at Dehra Sahib. After that, Bhai Sahib took admission into the ITI College in Patti. While in college, Sant Jarnail Singh Ji Bhindranwale had been holding Dharam Yudh Morchas to stand against the injustices of the Indian government. Due to many wake up calls to the Sikh youth from Sant Ji and Bhai Amrik Singh, Sikh Student Federation was formed and many Sikh youths joined this group. Bhai Sahib had started to go Sri Darbar Sahib and enjoyed doing sangat of Sant Ji. Bhai Sahib became very close to Sikh Student Federation President, Bhai Amrik Singh. Bhai Sahib also joined Sikh Student Federation and started doing sewa for the Sikh panth.

In 1984, the Indian army attacked Sri Harimandir Sahib and many surrounding Gurudwaras, after the orders were given to them by Indira Gandhi. Bhai Sahib was not on the complex of Sri Harimandir Sahib at the time of the attack, but the killings of innocent Sikhs, from children to the elders by the Indian army had deeply wounded Bhai Sahib within. From here onwards, Bhai Sahib decided to face the racist government in an armed battle, no matter what price he had to pay. In the armed struggle Bhai Sahib was very close to Bhai Gurdeep Singh PA and Bhai Hardeep Singh Chajjalwali.

When Surjit Barnala became the Chief Minister of the Punjab state, even he sent Indian security forces to Sri Harimandir Sahib and had bullets fired on the singhs. At that time Bhai Sahib was arrested from the complex along with Jathedar Bhai Gurdev Singh Kaunke. After 2 months Bhai Sahib was released on bail from Amritsar jail. After coming out Bhai Sahib once again joined the armed struggle. Bhai Sahib was given the code name of Bhai Vijaypal Singh by the Jathebandi and for this reason many of Bhai Sahib’s actions remain unknown.

Soon fellow singhs such as, Bhai Hardeep Singh Chajjalwali and Bhai Dhian Singh Mand were arrested and now the police were hunting for Bhai Sahib like mad dogs. The Punjab police soon arrested Bhai Sahib also and inhumanely tortured him. As well as being tortured, the police managed to get an detailed information from a black cat on the actions Bhai Sahib did. After being charged with many cases, Bhai Sahib was sent to the high security jail In Nabha, where Bhai Sahib spent a long time behind bars.

When Bhai Sahib was released from Nabha jail, the Punjab police was waiting for him outside. Bhai Sahib was arrested again and after being tortured again, Bhai Sahib was sent into Nabha jail again for 3 months. The Punjab police also harassed Bhai Sahib’s brother, who also spent 2 years in Nabha jail.

In 1988, Bhai Sahib was released on bail from Nabha jail. Instead of going home, Bhai Sahib joined the Khadku Singhs and stood beside Bhai Bakshish Singh Sona in punishing the anti-Sikh elements. Bhai Sahib had been passed the information that the Punjab police will arrest Bhai Sahib again if he had returned home. For more than a year Bhai Sahib remained in Bhai Bakshish Singh Sona’s group and did sewa for the Chardikala of the Sikh panth.

In the end, while out on an important mission or the Jathebandi on 18th August 1989, an informant had Bhai Sahib arrested from the village of Malian. First Bhai Sahib was blindly tortured at the Jandiala police station. Then Bhai Sahib was sent to Maal Mandi’s (Amritsar) evil police officer, Inspector Bhai, who had been killing singhs with his torture tactics. Inspector Bhai tortured Bhai Sahib so bad, that he made Mir Mannu’s torture look like a child’s play. Bhai Sahib attained shaheedi while being tortured and then the police made a fake encounter of Bhai Sahib’s shahadat.

Khalsa Fatehnama – August 2008