Shaheed Bhai Jatinder Singh Sohian

Khalistan Commando Force

Bhai Jatinder Singh was born on 15th June 1967, in the house of Sardar Harnek Singh and from the womb of Mata Gurdev Kaur in the village of Sohian, which is roughly 8km away from Jagraon. All together Bhai Sahib was one of seven children’s of Sardar Harnek Singh. As Bhai Sahib stepped out of his childhood and stepped into his teenage, the Sikh Freedom Movement was at its peak, but at that time Bhai Sahib was a comrade and took part in comrade activities. Sardar Harnek Singh was a retired soldier from the Indian army and had been part of the Sikh struggle since 1978. Sardar Harnek Singh had on many occasions given his voluntary arrest during the Dharam Yudh Morcha.

In December 1983, when Sardar Harnek Singh went to Sri Darbar Sahib to give his arrest for Dharam Yudh Morcha, he took Bhai Sahib with him. All day Bhai Sahib listened to the views of Sant Jarnail Singh Ji Khalsa Bhindranwale, first at Nanak Niwas and later at Sri Manji Sahib the speeches of Sant Ji had a deep impact on Bhai Sahib. This was the first time Bhai Sahib gave his voluntary arrest during Dharam Yudh Morcha and after being released, Bhai Sahib started asking his parents for a motor cycle and a revolver, but Bhai Sahib’s parents kept on ignoring him and like this 3 months passed.

In April 1984, Bhai Sahib said his final Fateh (Farewell) to his family and left home to join Sant Ji and fellow Jhujaru Singhs at Sri Darbar Sahib. It was here at Sri Harimandir Sahib, Bhai Sahib met a far relative, Bhai Charanjit Singh Channi, who was one of the most active Singh from Sant Ji’s Jatha. It was through Bhai Channi that Bhai Sahib established more contacts and himself became a part of the core team of Jhujaru Singhs. It was Bhai Channi who introduced Bhai Sahib to Sant Ji.

On 28th May 1984, Sant Ji sent Bhai Sahib to the village of Bhagatuane to finish a cult leader who committed mass sacrilege of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj on regular basis. Bhai Sahib was going to stay here and plan the assassination of this cult leader but by the time Bhai Sahib got to Bhagatuane village, the Indian government announced a curfew all around Punjab and the following day Sri Harimandir Sahib was attacked. On the Gurpurab of Dhan Guru Arjan Dev Ji, many thousands of unarmed and innocent Sikh women, children and elders were brutally massacred by the Indian army under the orders of Indira Gandhi. It wasn’t just Sri Harimandir Sahib that was attacked, another 37 historical Gurudwaras were also attacked. Amongst the Gurdwaras attacked, Bhagatuana Gurdwara was one of them. It is from this Gurdwara Bhai Sahib was arrested by Indian army. Bhai Sahib was kept in army jail for 15 days and after was charged with many fake cases and sent to Faridkot Jail. Many more Jhujaru Singhs had been looked up in this jail too, all the Jhujaru Singhs decided to die fighting for freedom and started planning the next phase of the Sikh Freedom Movement.

In March 1986, Bhai Sahib was released and straight after joined the Jhujaru Singhs of Khalistan Commando Force. Bhai Sahib now started doing actions and sending anti-Sikh elements to hell. Jhujaru Singhs were fighting the enemy fearlessly, but the police tout and informant were following these sons of Dhan Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaj and waiting their chance to have the Jhujaru Singhs captured. Like this an informant had Bhai Sahib arrested in August 1987 in the village of Dherkha. For many days Bhai Sahib suffered from great ordeal of brutal torture at the hands of Punjab police, but Bhai Sahib gave no information. In the end, on the night 4th September 1987, Bhai Sahib was taken to the outskirts of village Giddarwind along with Bhai Inqlab Singh Raikot and both Singh’s were made martyrs in a fake encounter.

Khalsa Fatehnama – March 2016